Calgary, AB 403.461.5413
IT Project Manager
Proven Leader | Exceptional Organizational Skills | Conflict Resolution
Strategic professional skilled at completing projects lacking scope, undefined requirements, poor estimations and under resourced. Implement full project life cycle from inception to completion and successfully complete failed projects. Effective communicator, consistently meeting senior management expectations.
– Project Management PMBok
– Financial experience
– Request for Proposal (RFP) and Bid Selection Process
– System Administration
– All Microsoft Platforms
CGI, Calgary, AB –Suncor 2017-Present
E-Messaging Stepped into an inflight project that had been running for 3+ years found areas that were not moving; completed several aspects of the project that were previously unmoving. This work was completed with multiple groups and organizations including, Suncor, CGI, IBM as well as other vendors working with the client.
Worked with the client on project requirements definition and scope, brought clarity of requirements to CGI staff working on the project as well as to the project as a whole.
Resulting in project tasks completing that were previously not moving for multiple years.
Worked with CGI members and the client consulting and designing solutions for projects.
Fixed SCADA servers and worked with different departments within Suncor to solve ongoing issues.
ALTAGAS, Calgary, AB 2010 – 2016
Project Manager/ Business Analyst 2014 – 2016
Managed 8 simultaneous projects, including 3 complex projects, with budget ranging up to $2M. Oversaw vendor management and 14 resources as direct reports. Ran steering committee meeting and represented the IT department up to C level executives.
· Executed Commvault, a complete re-architect of backups in the company by resetting project with sponsor vendor and resources while maintaining open communications with senior management, completing backups on schedule. Prepared functional and technical designs after gathering business requirements from sponsors.
· Integrated 2 USA power plants, including all fiber construction to facility, Active Directory, network rebuild, data migration, application ratification, employee education, and operation staff education with each plant, increasing revenue by $1M per month.
· Implemented office moves, ensuring meeting rooms were setup physically and bookable in Microsoft Exchange while enabling networking and WI-FI which reduced stress on staff and maximized productivity.
· Upgraded System Center Configuration Manager, moving all software deployments to new environment and creating new desktop images, while training staff in the new process, reducing turnaround time from 8 hours to 1.5 hours and increasing staff efficiency. Recognized for completing a failed project.
Senior Systems Administrator /Project Manager 2010 – 2013
Collaborated with systems team on day-to-day operations and completed project requirements as needed. Supported Microsoft Servers, VMware, Backups, Internal and External DNS, Active Directory, Load Balancing Equipment, Exchange, Lync, and other infrastructure equipment as required.
· Maintained operations 99.99% uptime by responding to user requests, acting as escalation point for helpdesk and providing application support.
· Created and distributed outage duties monthly while planning and estimating tasks to be accomplished, delivering functional systems after outage. Reported status of completion to stakeholders and team diligently.
· Created monthly learning sessions for the business, going above and beyond writing topics of interest. Received recognition letter from CEO, and received highest possible rating on performance review in the company’s 21-year history.
· Created and ran test plans insuring zero business interruption for new releases.
· Collaborated on design plans and architecture sessions
KW COMPUTING, Calgary, AB 2000 – 2012
CEO / Head Tech / Project Manager
Built IT infrastructure company, building and supporting computer networks, servers and desktops. Performed consulting services, repairs, and sales of IT infrastructure. Client size was small to large, including IBM, Suncor, Banks, Tim Hortons, and international clients in South Africa, New Zealand, Asia, Bermuda and England.
· Provided exceptional service at fair price, retaining all clients.
· Built computer networks for disadvantaged schools in South Africa, providing information and increasing knowledge for school aged children and for the village.
Education & Qualifications
– Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB
£ Bachelor Degree of Information Technology (BIT)
£ Network Security
£ UNIX Cert Sun and Red Hat Level 1
£ MCSE, MCP
– Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
£ Project Management
£ Diploma in General Business
ITIL PMP, CET (certified engineer technology ASET), Cisco Unified Systems Center (UCS), Exchange 2010, PowerShell, VMWare Admin 5.5, OSI PI, F5 Admin